Sunday, July 17, 2011

Waking Up II

It was my short term goal to add at least a second daily entry about waking up once I had managed to do that. But I didn't manage to do it.

I could have said that I've just been sleeping several days, so that, indeed, I just haven't woken up for all this time. That would have been a swell excuse. Alas, it's just not true.

The truth is that I was lured away from this by email and breakfast cereal and falling back to sleep.

So here I am drinking day old coffee warmed up with some soy milk in it and not quite finishing this.

I've been distracted by the radio, by email, by the swirling rainbows of my solar powered window prism (you should get one).

Now the solar powered prism is a great distraction! It only works when the sun is shining directly on it. A little solar chip powers a tiny motor that turns a hexagonal prism that hangs from the bottom like an earring. It scatters lovely rainbow patterns all over my room and it's hard not to watch it. Better than typing.

Well, now, I changed the radio station so that it's only classical music (though now the announcer is talking about oil in Alaska, but, thankfully, not Sarah Palin) and she's about to play Berlioz.  It's far less distracting than talk radio.

So, I've managed to mangle a few sentences and paragraphs after meandering mentally for half an hour, and have communicated next to nothing.

It would have been better to lie and say I was sleeping for two or three days.

No comments: