Thursday, July 14, 2011

Waking Up

Waking up has become a lengthy process for me.

It used to be I'd open my eyes, zoom to the bathroom (and take care of things), then get on with the day.

No more. Even getting both eyes open requires attention. Stumbling to the bathroom with monocular vision is no treat, either. At least the (taking care of things part) works pretty much as expected.

The next half hour or so requires great volumes of strong tea. (I gave up on coffee: too acid for my early morning stomach) and is usually spent staring at several hundred un-opened emails while my eyes come into focus.

In the old days, I tended to write fiction first thing in the AM. What passes for my mind always had its imagination amped up before I was too awake. But, I think, email overload has usurped most of that.

However, this morning seems to be an experiment, because I'm writing this before reading a single email!

Will this be a new trend? A new awakening?

Stay tuned.

No comments: